Sunday, October 30, 2011

Skillet Diner, Seattle, WA

OK, not the place to go if you're on a diet.  I'm always on a diet, but not today.  I ordered the Fried Chicken Sandwich ($12.00) with salad or fries, but I substitued Poutine, that's fries with gravy, cheddar and herbs and costs a little more ($3.00).  BTW...worth every penny!!!

On a sunny day, the Alison Road was a perfect cocktail choice.  However, they also have hard cider on draft, very few places have CIDER ON DRAFT. 

Sip, slurp...delicious.  I have to say, you might have to wait to get a seat here.  Big groups, not a good idea.  A spot for 2, no problem.  Place to bring kids, not really.  I'm a parent, but I wouldn't bring anyone under the age of 16 here.  Seriously, what would they eat.  Get a sitter and enjoy the experience.  Not sure why parents think all "casual" places are "Kid Appropriate".  Just sayin'.
OK, if you want a healthier choice than my fried chicken with poutine, there are several items on the menu.  Caesar with Kale, fried chicken is optional.  Ha, ha.
Dessert is a MUST.  My choice, Fried Waffle & Bacon Caramel Sundae.  I know EVERYONE is putting bacon on everything, trust me, you will be sorry if you skip on this BACON dessert.
Skillet Diner on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I thought those fries looked super yummy. Once I read the description I knew why. I'm jealous of all the yummy food you get to eat. Lee

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin