Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sushi Maru

Kaiten-Sushi, Conveyor Belt Sushi, Sushi Train, what ever you call it, it's Sushi FAST!!! Sushi Maru has joined Blue C Sushi, Sushi-Yama, and Sushiland which all live in Downtown Bellevue. Will they all survive? I say, "Yes!" I haven't been to Sushiland in a while, so I don't know how things are going there. However, when I looked over at Sushi-Yama, across the street from Sushi Maru, patrons where waiting outside hoping to get a seat. As for Blue C Sushi, I can tell from my own experience, if you go to Blue C Sushi anytime from 11:30 am to 1 pm, good luck getting a seat.

OK, kaiten-sushi is fast, Fast, FAST!!! Food is obviously available as soon as you sit down, even with special orders, the chefs are quick. Turn around is pretty fast, as long as you aren't with a HUGE group, you can squeeze in anywhere. Basically, kaiten-sushi is Japanese "Fast Food", of course Americans will love it and in Bellevue...kaiten-sushi is welcomed with open arms!

Sushi Maru is clean, cool, and fast. The selection at Sushi Maru is not limited to just sushi. I was sitting right in front of the chef grilling beef and whipping up fried rice and omelets. I like that the conveyor belt at Sushi Maru zig-zags through the restaurant and loops back around so there are always 2 lines coming past. The pricing is moderate and as far as sushi goes, quite affordable. There are some booths, so if you come with a group, you can sit together.

I'll have to try Sushi Maru out again!


Rainbow Roll

Whoa...here it comes and there it goes...

Going low carb, no problem...big chunks of tuna, YUM!


Sushi Maru on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. So that's what "kaiten" means? I actually never knew that. Yeah, they're starting to pop up all over the place now. I think this new one you just reviewed looks like it's a bit higher quality than the others. Whenever I want a quick sushi fix, I just head over to Sushiland (Queen Anne). It's cheap, fast, and delicious. For really good sushi, I usually like Umi in Belltown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Umi too! Very creative sushi...love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin