Sunday, January 1, 2012

Eggnog Bread Pudding

When the Christmas season is over, I don't want to see another drop of eggnog for a long time.  As a matter of fact, I always have bits and pieces of "holiday" treats that I need to get rid of...brilliant idea...dump it all in a pan and bake it off!  I try to keep the ends of seasonal breads, like panettone and the crust from brioche we used for Breakfast Casserole, I put them on a sheet tray in the oven and dry them for bread pudding. 
My recipe varies, depending on how much eggnog I have left on New Years Day.  If you have a favorite Bread Pudding recipe, replace the milk/ cream with eggnog or you can try my super easy version.

EGGNOG BREAD  PUDDING
6 slices of leftover bread
1/4 cup chocolate chips, dried fruit or nuts (optional)
4 eggs
2 cups eggnog or milk
1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat to 350 degrees.

Butter and 8-inch square pan.  Break bread in chunks and put in pan.  If you have any chocolate chips, apricots, dried cranberries or nuts leftover from holiday baking, sprinkle on the bread.

Mix the remaining ingredients and pour on the bread.  Press the bread down so all the pieces are soaked.

Bake for 45 minutes.

Let the bread pudding sit for 5 minutes.  Slice and serve. 
ENJOY!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Christmas on a plate. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your bread pudding up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/12/sweets-for-saturday-50.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin