Monday, March 8, 2010

Meatless Monday: Harvest Grains

I'm not usually a big fan of mixes or pre-made stuff, but my husband picked up a bag of Harvest Grains Blend from Trader Joe's, and I love it! I don't shop at Trader Joe's too often, I find all the pre-packaged "stuff" a little overwhelming, I have such a hard time dodging all the "snack" stuff they sell, and I'd rather make my own. However, sometimes they hit a home run.

The Harvest Grains Blend is located with the dry stuff; pasta, rice, and dried mixes. The blend of Israeli Couscous, Orzo, Baby Garbanzo Beans, and Red Quinoa are a perfect meatless meal. Another plus, this can be made so easily in your rice cooker or crock pot. Measure it all out like you would for rice. Easy, Easy, Easy.

One serving has 6 grams of Protein and 2 grams of Fiber...add a salad...YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin