Saturday, April 16, 2011

Halo Halo. It means MIX

Whenever I see Halo Halo on a menu, I order it, even if I am not hungry.  Halo Halo is a mix of many different Filipino sweet treats all mixed into an icy, slushy dessert.  I don't make Halo Halo myself, but I remember my parents making it when I was younger.

We use to have this crazy ice shaving thing that you put an ice disk in and crank away, then "Viola!"  Shaved Ice.  My parents would put sweetened coconut, jack fruit, sweet red beans, leche flan, ube, agar agar cubes in a cup with shaved ice and top it with sweetened condensed milk or vanilla ice cream, then you take a long spoon and smoosh it all together.  Everyone has a different version, I know this because it's never the same, but always AWESOME,especially on a hot day.

OK, I don't know how long Halo Halo Ice Milk Bars have been around, but why didn't anyone tell me about them???  A new Asian market opened near me and there they were right in the frozen section.  I can't live without them!!!  If you're a fan of Halo Halo, GO GET THESE BARS!  I'm serious.  They are DELICIOUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin