Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sunday, Bloody Mary, Sunday

On my last visit to Tucson, my soon to be cousin-in-law, Toby suggest to go to Hotel Congress for Breakfast. Toby's fiance is my cousin Melissa. Melissa & I love to eat. Do I dare trust Toby's judgement and go to Hotel Congress for breakfast?
Well, if I had not gone to Hotel Congress, I would have been VERY SORRY. I think this is my favorite place in Tucson. Very Hip, Cool, and possibly haunted! Hotel Congress just smells of the old Wild, Wild West.

I have to admit, until that morning, I was a little underwhelmed with strip mall after strip mall that Tucson had to offer. I saw chain restaurants that I thought were out of business, but no, they are thriving in Tucson. If my son was not attending University of Arizona, I don't think I'd come back to Tucson. Sorry... I don't mean to be a Seattle snob, but I kept feeling like there was no character in Tucson. Thank you God for Hotel Congress.
As I sat in the lobby, I thought to myself, "I can't wait to come back!!!"



OK, one other cool thing at Hotel Congress, the Lobby Bar. All they make is Bloody Mary drinks. I couldn't wait. So your start with the menu and then the show begins.





I'm not the authority on the Bloody Mary, I'm really more of a Mimosa kind of girl, but a custom made Bloody Mary, now you're talking!








First of all the bartender was only offering vodka, however, I'm allergic to vodka. I asked for gin and the bartender whispered, "I prefer Gin myself". Ah, we speak the same language.

I can't say that the condiments I chose are for everyone, but they sounded good at the time.I'm not saying this was the best Bloody Mary I have ever had, however, this was one of the coolest places I've ordered a Bloody Mary and the bartender was AWESOME!



Cup Cafe (at Hotel Congress) on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I love this place! I'll be visiting in February of 2011 and will try the bloody Mary. We usually get a martini there, which is excellent. Hit me up on my bloody amry recipe blog if you want to meet for one... www.mybigfatbloodymary.com

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin