Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday Smoothie: "Green" Blueberry-Banana-Flax

It's the Sunday before Thanksgiving and I am NOT sleeping in.  My son will be coming home for Thanksgiving and I am so excited to have him home.  My husband and I actually saw him last week down in Arizona, but this will be his first time home since he left for college.  OK, Today I have to roast sweet potatoes, wash linens (so Ty will have a nice comfy, fresh bed to sleep in), hang the "Fall Leaf" garland on the door, figure out what goes into a Cranberry-Apple Smash, try to find my corn pudding recipe (for the 20th - not kidding - time), pick up the house...but before I do all that, I need to have get in a quick workout.

No coffee for me this morning, I'm going to need something with a little MORE.  I have made something much better...A SMOOTHIE!!!
(OK, as I was posting, I just noticed it's snowing outside.  Brrr..)

This is what I put in my smoothie:
1 very ripe banana
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
2 T ground flax
1/2 cup Activia (I know) vanilla yogurt with fiber
2 T Very Green (or Greens+)
BLEND!
Add a little water if it's too thick.

ENJOY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin