Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bread...that's all you knead

Photobucket It's Tuesday and I am Baking with Julia! I am pleased to announce that I am no longer afraid of yeast and I am officially a bread maker!!! I have always loved bread, but proclaimed, "Why make your own bread when there are so many wonderful bread options out there?". Well, what I was really saying was, "hell no, I am not wasting my time dealing with yeast and all that kneading" OK, bread takes time, but your are not always working on it, so plan on doing other things while you wait...yoga, read, gardening, take a walk, go to the gym, catch up on your favorite shows on demand or just lounge around. The Semolina Bread starts with a sponge, make sure you have a insta-read thermometer, takes the guessing out of the yeast and warm water process. Now you wait...when the sponge has doubled, you can add the flour. Shape. Rest. Rise. The Semolina Bread require very little kneading, so after the first rise, knead just a bit, then rise again. After the second rise, you're ready to bake. Sit back, in a few minute your home will smell delicious and you will be enjoying a perfect loaf of bread. Photobucket The Semolina Bread recipe can be found in Dorie Greenspan's Baking with Julia. To see how others faired with this recipe, go to http://tuesdayswithdorie.wordpress.com/2012/07/16/lyl-semolina-bread/

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful bread & great photos! Makes me sorry I had to drop out of the group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a winner. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - love the title of this post. You are indeed a bread maker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracie, beautiful semolina bread with a terrific looking crust - we loved it too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin