Tuesday, July 24, 2012

TWD: Oasis Naan (catching up with Baking with Julia)

Photobucket Thank you Dorie Greenspan for ending my FEAR OF YEAST and making me open my Baking with Julia cookbook after purchasing it years ago. Photobucket So I have set aside all my thoughts of cutting all carbs and have decided to embrace them! Making any bread with yeast is a labor of love and a little bit of a time commitment, but the end result is a well deserved treat. The Oasis Naan is a fluffy version of pita, not quite the same naan available at many Indian restaurants. I made one batch of the Oasis Naan dough, baked off half and enjoyed the other have later in the week. Delicious! The recipe is in Dorie Greenspan's Baking with Julia. To see other versions of this recipe, go to http://tuesdayswithdorie.wordpress.com/2012/06/04/lyl-oasis-naan/

3 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job with the Naan, nice color and nice round shape - was a new experience for me, I had never eaten this before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to play catch-up too with both Dorie groups. All your food looks outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played catch up also, it was that kind of week! Your naan looks wonderful, we really enjoyed this also!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin