Monday, February 21, 2011

A dumpling a day... House of Hong


Shrimp and Scallion Cake
 House of Hong...an oldie but a goodie.  House of Hong has been around for a long, long, long time.  I always wanted to go to Houe of Hong as a child, "but everyone else gets to go there!!!"

My family always went to Sun-Ya when I was younger, becaue my mom swears they stopped using MSG before anyone else.  Anyway, now I can go where I want, still choose Sun-Ya, but I can go to House of Hong too.

Pork and Shrimp ShuMai
You can usually get a seat for Dim Sum at House of Hong.  The space is pretty big and turnover is fast.  Great choice if you're catching a matinee on the weekends.  Many families arrive all dressed up, I suppose they are coming after mass or celebrating a birthday or something.

The cart pushers hesitate to offer the more "exotic" stuff, ya know what I mean, but if you want it, chicken feet, tripe, etc... they always have it.
Sesame Balls
Overall, the dimsum at House of Hong is just what you expect.  It's a little greasy, but most of it (not all) is, no matter where you go.  Just like all the other dimsum places, you never know what you're going to get.  I don't mind that at all, however, I have to admit, I always order the Chinese broccoli with garlic sauce.  I try to make a meal out of dimsum, and it's always lacking vegetables.  Dimsum isn't the healthiest choice, but I don't really care.  Oh, don't forget dessert.  I have to say House of Hong always has the best selection; rice cakes, mango custard, egg tarts, and my favorite, sesame balls.
Try the Sesame Balls...YUMMY!
House of Hong Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin