Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sunriver Resort and Mt. Bachelor, OR



We took a ski trip recently to Bend Oregon.  We stayed at the Sunriver Resort, great place if you like the seclusion.  I thought the resort was very peaceful and beautiful.  We had a very nice suite; right on the (frozen) river, view of the mountains, robe, slippers, big tub, fireplace, you know the type.  Great for peaceful relaxation, however, I can only take a little of that!  There are a few places to eat at the resort, so we sat and had a decent lunch in the main lodge while admiring the view. 

The Spa and Fitness center was nice.  I was able to get a little run in, to get me ready for a long day of cross country skiiing the next day.  I am glad we came in the deserted winter, I know the resort is a popular destination for families, so I REALLY enjoyed the QUIET.

Pine Tavern Restaurant on UrbanspoonWe went into Bend for dinner.  We ate at the Pine Tavern Restaurant.  We ordered a few appetizers, not my choice, calamari and the coconut shrimp.  They were ok.  Dinner was nothing to brag about, I barely touched my ribeye. I should have ordered chicken or pasta, that way I would have nothing to compare my steak to.  Anyway, I had a pint of Deschutes beer...not bad. 

Can't remember which beer, sounded like terra "something".  'LIGHT BULB WENT OFF!!!"  Bend is a great place for a BEER!!!
We headed back to SunRiver Resort and grabbed a nightcap, or in my case a Night Flight!!!

Here they are in this order...

Oakshire Amber, Oakshire Brewing, Eugene, OR: This was my favorite!  A refreshing Amber Ale.  The Oakshire Amber is brewed with five malts and tree hop varieties.  Good beginner beer for people who are new to the world of microbrews.

Organic Survival "Seven Grain" Stout, Hopworks Urban Brewing, Portland, OR:  I wanted to like this one the best, mostly because it is organic.  I have to say this beer screams out "NORTHWEST".  Brewed with barley, wheat, oats, amaranth quinoa and kamut.  Besides the very funky blend, what puts the northwest kick in this beer?  Well it's finished with 15 punds of cold-pressed Stumptown Hairbender espresso.  YUM.

Believer Double Red Ale, Ninkasi Brewing Co, Eugene, OR: Not bad.  This ale had a very rich malty flavor and a little hoppy.  I am glad I tasted this 3rd, the first 2 were heavier, but good.
Blonde Bobmbshell, Cascade Lakes Brewing Company, Redmond, WA:  I couldn't resist, but I needed to have something light, just in case the other 3 were too heavy.  I really like the Blonde Bombshell, light and refreshing.  Just what I needed.

Owl's Nest Pub on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin