Friday, February 11, 2011

Eastside Eats: Tutta Bella

Back when Tutta Bella was brand new in Columbia City, I would never have dreamed there would be a Tutta Bella on the Eastside.  I really prefer the more intimate, squished, dining room in Columbia City.  Rustic in a funky neighborhood.  Why did we start going to the Eastside Tutta Bella?  Air conditioning!!!

Oh, and here's a nice touch: Beers are served with Marcona Almonds and wine with marinated olives.
A few summers ago when we had 100+ degree weather and were looking for a place we could hang out for a little while and have a nice casual meal.  Tutta Bella in Issaquah.  We really like coming here, always parking and easy to get to after work. 
There's always a seat at the bar and there is a nice patio for the warm summer nights.
If you decide to come early for Happy Hour, there is a great anitipasti selection.  If you get there early, you can order the Salumi E Formaggi off the Happy Hour menu, a nice selection of cured meats and fresh mozzarella.  Another nice choice would be the Bietola Marinata on the regular menu; Roasted beets, red onions, pistachios, goat cheese tossed in a red wine vinaigrette.  YUMMY!
Don't just go to Tutta Bella for pizza, check out the salads.  My favorite salad is the Insalata di Salerno.  The fresh mozzarella, crunchy fennel, grape tomaotes, romaine, cucumbers and a dijon vinaigrette are such a greeat combination, why bother with the other salads?  A small salad is enough for two people, unless you're starving and didn't get any antipasti. 
We always figure we're going to take some pizza home, so antipasti is always welcome.
This was the pizza special, italian sausage, mozzarella, and broccoli rabe...outstanding!
My favorite pizza is the Giovanni.  I've loved this pizza since the first time I had it 6 years ago and I know all the other pizza places copied...Yes, I am talking to you Via Tribunali AND Pagliacci.
The Giovanni is simple, extra virgin olive oil, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, prosciutto di parma, fresh arugula, and shaved parmesan, that's it and so delicious.  Another favorite is the Tutta Bella.  Basically it is the Meat Lovers Pizza, but better, of course.  The Neopolitan style pizza is so good since the crust and gobs of sauce and cheese aren't overpowering the whole experience.  I like the "other" types of pizza too, but not all the time.
So let's talk about dessert.  Gelato, gelato, gelato.  There are always good flavors available.  We had the Tiramisu once, nothing special, but good.  I'm not a fan of their Panna Cotta, but that's only because I think I make the best Panna Cotta (It's true!).  When in doubt, get gelato.
CANTUCCI...I love you!  They say these "little stones" are similar to biscotti, I think they are biscotti.  Anyway, you get 1 almond, 1 chocolate hazelnut, and 1 cranberry almond Cantucci.  I was looking for Vin Santo, but didn't see in on the menu.  However, I didn't ask if they had it.  Yummy, yummy, yummy.
Tutta Bella Neapolitan Pizzeria - Issaquah on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin