Sunday, January 12, 2014

Eastside Eats: GINZA

Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosI've been a sushi fan for years, even before it was popular.  It was common to have some raw fish or seafood on special occasions at family gatherings, so raw fish for me, never a problem!  However, here's the thing, it has to be fresh! I have gone to GINZA on Main Street a couple times, after their remodel, and the fish there is quite good. The menu at GINZA is quite vast and the sushi selection includes many sushi Rookie favorable items. Actually, the first time I ate there with my family, I don't think I had sushi. I should mention that several tables have heating elements so you can order the "table side grill" thing. Not my thing. Anyway, not bad for a neighborhood Japanese restaurant. Their pricing is a little on the higher side compared to some of their neighboring Japanese/Sushi places. Sushi is quite good, stick to the normal negiri, be brave and go for the Chef's Selection. Also, take note, One thing I really enjoy at GINZA is the Protein Salad. This combination of pickled and fresh vegetable, seaweed, broiled salmon skin and tobiko...delicious! There's usually a seat available. Ginza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin