Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sticky Sweet Birthday Wish

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Today is my birthday. Yay! Not a big celebration, since it's a weekday, so this is really the beginning of my birthday week. I was going to make a fabulous cake, but I decided to sleep in instead. No regrets!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
OK, lucky me, my husband surprised me with a fun cake, a Chinese New Year cake. If you know me! I am obsessed with things that bring Good Luck. Well, Chinese New Year cake, or Nian Gao, is very lucky!!! This sticky, rice cake brings promotion or prosperity. I wish for both!!! My aunt Lily makes a Filipino version of this cake, Bibingka. Rice flour, palm sugar, and I'm not sure what else, sometimes she mixes in cassava. I should get the recipe. Delicious! Chinese New Year is just around the corner, so if you are looking for a little luck, see if your favorite Chinese restaurant may be making Nian Gao. You might like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin