Saturday, December 5, 2009

Holiday Baking: Narrowing down the choices...hmmm

I'm not sure why the process of narrowing down the cookie selection takes so long. Every year I pull out all the magazine and newspaper clippings I have been collecting over the years and decide which cookies make the cut. Some of the cookies I have made several times others I just dream of trying and hope they taste as good as their picture.

The list has been narrowed and these are the Holiday Sweet Treats I'll be making this season:
Russian Tea Cakes
Mexican Chocolate Cherry Rounds
Rugalach
All-In-One Holiday Bundt Cakes
Spice Santa Heads
Chocolate Orange Stripers
Sugar Cut Outs
Gingerbread
Sugar-Topped Molasses Spice Cookies
Peppermint Patty Brownies

Phew!

I'll post the recipes later this week. I have made all of these except one, I will be using my friends, brilliant Pastry Chef, Jennifer Penson's rugalach recipe. Jennifer suggested apricot & nut filling, so this year I'll try it.

I should have made some of the dough today, but I decided to take advantage of the quiet Saturday afternoon and read. The calm before the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin