Friday, December 18, 2009

Super Easy Latkes!

OK, I know the easiest way to make Latkes. Am I celebrating Hanukkah, no, but I've made Hanukkah dinners for my Jewish friends who can't cook! I serve my latkes with sauteed apples. Another alternative would be sour cream and gravlax...YUM.

Super Easy Latkes

4 medium Russet Potatoes, peeled & cubed
1 medium onion, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
2 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
Canola oil for frying
Put all the ingredients, except the oil, in a food processor.
Heat oil in a frying pan over Medium High heat.
Scoop 1/3 cup of the potato mixture and drop gently in the hot oil; fry for 2 minutes and flip.
Fry the other side for 2-3 minutes. Put the cooked latkes in a warm oven and fry the rest.
YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin