Thursday, January 21, 2010

Celebrating 3 Birthdays!!!

Cupcakes, Cupcakes, CUPCAKES!!!
Happy Birthday to my nephew Riley, Me, and my Godson Zach!!!
Citrus Cupcakes with coconut frosting...YUM!
So, I have a secret recipe for this cupcake...it starts with a mix. I'm not a big fan of the box mix cakes, I think they taste, well, NOT HOMEMADE. I think they one little change I make, hides the imitation flavors that overwhelm the box cake mix.
Citrus Cupcakes with coconut frosting
1 - box white cake mix
Follow the instructions for making the cake, but take the following:
juice of 1/2 lemon
juice of 1/2 lime
juice of 2 satsuma oranges
and add water to make 1 full cup of liquid. Use this in place of the 1-cup of water that is listed on the box. That's it. Bake as directed.
Coconut Frosting
1 stick unsalted butter
Whip the butter until creamy, and then add:
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp coconut extract
Mix until fluffy.
Frost each cupcake lightly and sprinkle with sweetened flaked coconut.
So Good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin