Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Salade Composee and my "Go-To" Vinaigrette

Salade Composee
Trying to keep it light and easy! Not the same salad I would have put together in the Summer, but delicious none the less. Top with my French Vinaigrette...YUM!
Olives!
This olive is a great alternative to the Kalamata.

The Winter offering at the Pike Place Market.
French Vinaigrette
adapted Gourmet Magazine - Jan. 2006;originally published in 1952
1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup olive oil
Whisk together...Done!

1 comment:

  1. It looks divine. Salads always seem to taste better when someone else makes them. Kinda like a foot rub feels better when it's NOT me rubbing my own foot.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin