Friday, January 8, 2010

Dreaming of Mexico... Ole!

Beautiful Puerta Vallarta!


Yesterday, I was looking online for places to stay in Sayulita, Mexico. I cannot wait to be sitting on the beach in Mexico. OK, besides the warm weather, I love the food in Mexico!


Craving Mexican Food...I have my pork shoulder slow cooking with my husband's secret Cajun rub. We're having tacos tonight!!! I saw the Neely's episode La Vida Memphis this weekend and I'm going to serve Gina's Zesty Slaw and Arroz a la Mexicana, from my Mexico the Beautiful book, MMMMmmmm...YUM!
So yummy and healthy too!
from Pat and Gina Neely

4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1 head Napa cabbage, shredded
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
4 tablespoons freshly sliced green onions
1 carrot, peeled and shredded
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Whisk the rice wine vinegar, lime juice, canola oil, and sugar together in a small bowl.
Add the cabbage, cilantro, green onions, and carrot to a large serving bowl and combine. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin