Monday, September 21, 2009

John's Flatbread...and he cooks!

Yet another reason I stay married. My Husband cooks!!! I don't mess around with yeast, but my "stick to the recipe" husband doesn't think it's a big deal. While I was prepping my roast chicken he said, "I'm going to make flatbread!" Hmmm, I thought, right!

Focaccia al Formaggio
He's cute and makes a mean Manhattan!
Here's the dough, fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese

Focaccia al Formaggio
(Flatbread with Cheese)

Pizza Dough (recipe follows)
1 egg beaten with 1 T water
5 oz each grated Parmesan & Mozzarella
or 10 oz Gorgonzola, crumbled
fresh oregano leaves
chopped fresh basil
chopped fresh parsley
5 green onions, chopped
extra virgin olive oil

Here's what you do.
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F
Roll dough as thin as possible and put on a pizza stone or greased pizza pan. Brush with egg wash. Crumble cheese on top, then sprinkle with fresh herbs, green onions, and a little olive oil. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly and the crust is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Cut into small pieces and Enjoy!

Pizza Dough:
1/2 package active dry yeast
1/2 cup lukewarm water
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 T olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt

Dissolve yeast in water. Add other ingredients and knead until elastic. Let rest a few minutes before rolling out, VERY IMPORTANT. (No rising is required.)

This was so good I took a bite before taking a picture!

Tyler's Ultimate Roast Chicken with herbed mushrooms

I am still trying out all the Tyler Florence recipes. I snapped a pic right before my husband and son demolished the chicken. I got the recipe for the Roast Chicken right off the Food Network website. The only change was that I put 6 full ribs of celery under the chicken before roasting and I also put 1 whole quartered onion in the roasting pan. The celery, onions and mushrooms pair well with the chicken and flatbread. Great dinner, I'll make this again. Actually, it's so easy to put this meal together, John & Tyler can make this meal next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin