Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Chocolate Zucchini Muffin


The muffins I baked yesterday were such a hit, they are almost gone. I intended to have muffins on hand so my husband and son could grab them on the way out in the morning for a quick breakfast. Well, back to the kitchen for me. Today I feel like Chocolate Zucchini Muffins.
I am combining a recipe I have for Chocolate Zucchini Bread and another recipe for spice muffins. One of the recipes come from an old cookbook that I inherited from my mother-in-law, who probably bought it from a neighborhood fundraiser. The other recipe is from one of my ever growing files that I stuff recipes in, that "I'll make someday". I guess today is the day.

Chocolate Zucchini Muffin Recipe
These muffins should be called Spicy COCO-Zucchini Muffins, Zucchini Bread’s sassy cousin!

Ingredients:
2 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 cup canola oil
½ cup yogurt
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
2.5 cups grated zucchini
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 T wheat germ
1 T crushed flax seeds
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease or line two 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners.
In a large bowl beat the eggs. Beat in the sugar, oil, and yogurt. Add the cocoa, vanilla, zucchini and stir well.
Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and cardamom. Mix until just moist. Pour batter into prepared muffin tins filling all the way full. Put muffins in the oven, set timer for 20 minutes and increase temperature to 380 degrees F.
Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin