Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"Leftover" Oatmeal Raisin Spice Muffins

I recently purchased a KRUPS Rice Cooker/ Slow Cooker from Sur La Table. I tried making overnight oatmeal with my new toy. OK, 2 cups of steel cut oats turned into a massive amount of cooked oatmeal. I like oatmeal, but I can't eat it everyday. Idea...muffins made with leftover oatmeal. I made these "quickly" for my husband's birthday breakfast. We were going to the gym, so I didn't make anything heavy.

"Leftover" Oatmeal Raisin Spice Muffins MAKES 12 muffins

Ingredients
1 cup cake flour
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup turbinado sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup leftover cooked oatmeal
3/4 cup raisins
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions
Mix all the dry ingredients together, including the raisins and spice.
In another bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients
Add to dry ingredients to wet.
Scoop batter into 12 greased muffin cups.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes.
The muffins will be slightly browned.
Eat and ENJOY!
French Press coffee and a fresh baked muffin...YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin