Friday, October 9, 2009

Oatmeal BOO-berry Muffins

I love blueberry muffins and thanks again to my Tita Lily, I have a lot of perfectly ripened, hand picked blueberries, frozen in my freezer. I have made blueberry muffins with cake flour and flax, this time I am using old fashion oats. I am still trying to stay away from too many "bad" carbs, so I am cutting the flour on this muffin and replacing with healthy oats!

Start with Old Fashion Oats
It's getting colder now and there's something about oatmeal that gives me warm fuzzies in the Fall. Halloween is coming and these little Boo-berry muffins are a great hearty treat to snack on with a hot cider! Mmmmmm...YUM!

Fresh out of the oven, mmm, smell that? YUM!


I made these muffins for my Friend Kelli. Kelli has a newborn baby girl, Quincy Grace.

Oatmeal BOO-berry Muffins
Servings: 12

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups old fashion oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup frozen blueberries
(Optional: 1 teaspoon sugar crystals)

Directions:
Combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
Mix in yogurt, egg, and oil; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Fold in blueberries.
Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
(Optional: Sprinkle with sugar.)

Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.
Cool on rack.

Enjoy!

Boo-Berry Muffins (Blueberry) on Foodista

1 comment:

  1. You set delectable goodness right before my eyes! I'm all over this recipe. Will bake it tomorrow. xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin