Sunday, November 8, 2009

and he cooks: Prime Rib of Beef


Life is good when your husband likes to cook! John loves food as much as I do, but our cooking styles are worlds apart. My husband cooks "by the book", finds the recipe, buys the ingredients listed and follows every step exactly. I don't know why I wasn't suspicious when he bought parsnips and horseradish, but when he ordered the 5 pound prime rib roast from the butcher, I figured he must be making dinner tonight.

Prime Rib of Beef for Carnivores only: MEAT!!!

The Crust: A ton of salt, horseradish, rosemary, garlic, pepper, ...

Rubbed Down and sitting in parsnip, garlic, red onion, and carrot.

We're big fans of Tyler Florence, so we always see "How Tyler would make it", before we make it. Sometimes good, sometimes great, and sometimes, never make again. The Roast Prime Rib of Beef with Horseradish Crust recipe sounded good. I read the reviews and some were good ans some were really bad. Anyway, we wanted to find out for ourselves. Everything was purchased and we had to eat, right!?
The key here was to start with a great piece of meat. The Crust was way too salty to eat, so if you try this recipe, take the crust off before cutting and eating. The Vegetables turned out too salty too. I took a few bites of the parsnip, edible, but if you don't like too much salt, skip it. OK, the meat...DELICIOUS!!! We will make this again, but the cut the salt way down!

YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Darn. My husband cooks but it's totally forced and come complete with bickering.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin