Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Baking: Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake

I made these cute little babies for my good friend Jin and her family. Thought it might be easier to serve individual cheesecakes instead of having to cut a big one. Aren't they so cute! I had made a 7" cheesecake and a couple tester-sized cheesecakes the other day. I froze and sent the first cheesecake overnight to my sister in Virginia. I hope she got it.
My family loves these! You know something funny? I am not a big fan of traditional cheesecake and my husband hates pumpkin pie, but guess what? We Love Pumpkin Cheesecake!!!


Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake
Makes 1 - 9" cheesecake or 12 individual

Ingredients
1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
1 cup crushed graham crackers
1/3 cup butter, melted
-------------------------------------
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-----------------------------------
3 eggs
-----------------------------------
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, mix together the crushed gingersnap cookies, pecans, and butter.
Press into the bottom, and about 1 inch up the sides of a 9 inch spring form pan or in 12 lined muffin cups.
Bake crust 10 minutes for spring form 5 minutes for muffin cups in the preheated oven.
Set aside to cool. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla just until smooth.
Mix in eggs one at a time, blending well after each.
Set aside 1 cup of the mixture.
Blend 1/4 cup sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg into the remaining mixture.
Spread the pumpkin flavored batter into the crust, and drop the plain batter by spoonfuls onto the top.
Swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.
Bake 55 minutes in the preheated oven for spring form, or 20 minutes for muffin tins, or until filling is set. Check halfway through suggested time for doneness.
Run a knife around the edge of the pan.
Allow to cool before removing pan rim.
Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. yummmmmm....I hope your sister got the pumpkin cheesecake too, especially since she will be at my house tomorrow!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!! BTW, me and the "next Iron Chef" (the little one) just put our apple pies with a hint of vanilla and orange in the oven thanks to my other blogspotter....hotblondeinthekitchen!!!! I love that you guys post all these recipes...you make my life so much easier!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin