Friday, November 20, 2009

mmmm... Pumpkin Pancakes

I make Pumpkin Pancakes all year round. My family and I love them!
Pumpkin Pancakes
Most of the ingredients for pumpkin pancakes are usually in the pantry, even pumpkin...canned.








SERVES 4
2 cups cake flour

2 T wheat germ

2 tablespoons granulated sugar

4 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 tsp pumpkin spice

1 1/4 cups skim milk

1/4 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt

1 cup canned pumpkin

4 eggs, slightly beaten

1/4 cup butter, melted
Mix together dry ingredients. Combine milk, eggs, margarine and pumpkin. Stir into dry ingredients until just blended. Pour about 1/3 cup on to a hot griddle. Cook until top bubbles and turn and cook other side.



I always use my favorite Calphalon crepe pan, well, my only crepe pan. A wedding gift. Thank You Kari.




Mix the batter by hand, don't over mix, lumpy is ok.


Add butter and REAL maple syrup. YUM.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin