Sunday, November 1, 2009

Food and FITNESS Fascination

OK, I need to get serious about my fitness plan before the holidays get here. I've been keeping with the cardio part of my exercise plan, but have let the resistance training go a bit. Ugh! I'll be drinking 90 oz. of water daily, cutting down on some stuff in my diet, nothing major, sugar and white stuff, no carbs after 3 pm...blah, blah, the usual. I will still have some treats!I am meeting a friend to work out tomorrow, then a healthy lunch. We're working out at 9:30 a.m. and not lunching until 1:30 p.m. I made some energy bars to hold us over.

Energy Bars: chocolate chip peanut butter
1 cup leftover oatmeal
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup peanut butter
1 lg egg
75 grams Chocolate Protein Powder*
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line an 8"x8" square baking pan with parchment and non-stick spray.
Mix all of the ingredients together.
Spread in the pan. Bake 30 minutes.
Cool completely and then cut into squares.
*I used Chocolate Muscle Milk Light


Here's My Exercise Program
I will be following a Fitness Schedule I got from an previous trainer.

Day 1 (today): Arc Trainer for 45 minutes keeping my HR above 135
Day 2: 20 minutes cardio, I do the elliptical and then Resistance Training
Day 3: Elliptical for 35 minutes and Rowing for 10 - 15 minutes
Day 4: 20 minutes cardio and then Resistance Training
Day 5: Yoga or other Meditation ~ every day if possible
Day 6: 45 minutes cardio, anything, just keep moving
Day 7: Rest, Do something FUN!!!

4 comments:

  1. oh wow. That is a thing of beauty. And you fooled me! I though they were brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they are nice and moist inside, just like a brownie, but without butter and sugar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are these south beach diet friendly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the measurement for the 75 grams of protein powder? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin