Saturday, November 21, 2009

In the Bowl: Vegetarian in Seattle

I love it when I can share "Fun Fridays" with friends. A last minute change in my schedule made it possible to spend time with my friend, and former business partner - and still friends, Andrew. We met at his cool Capitol Hill place. He and I did yoga together. His living room looks out to the park, so even with our Seattle rain coming down, down, down, we had a great time doing yoga...indoors. I told Andrew I went vegan for a day, of course he chuckled and rolled his eyes. Andrew is a vegetarian and I am the Queen Carnivore! Well, I let Andrew choose the place we'd get a snack, so he chose In the Bowl.
We walked a couple blocks to In the Bowl, right where Olive meets Denny. Hole in the wall, but YUM. Andrew chose the entrees, we both love food, so whatever he chose was going to be great.
Grilled Eggplant Salad: red onion, grilled bell pepper, lemongrass, lime leaves, basil, and chili sauce tossed with grilled eggplant and crispy shredded tofu. This salad was very complex, but in a good way. As many Asian entrees, there are many layers of flavor. The eggplant salad is complex and fantastic.

Spicy Coconut Milk Noodle: wide rice noodle with vegetables and a dash of coconut milk.
I loved this dish. I have been staying away from carbs, so I kept away from the noodles at first. After my first bite, I couldn't stop taking more and more bites.
As I was finishing off the last cup of green tea, the lovely black bean-corn dessert arrived. YUM. I love unexpected surprises and this was sweet, creamy, and delicious.

I hope to have another Yoga Friday with my dear friend Andrew. I hope to go to In the Bowl again!!!

In the Bowl on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin