Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ivar's Coulon Beach

Two thumbs up for Ivar's!!! Ivar's has been feeding Seattlites since 1938, whoa...that's a long time. My family loves Ivar's Salmon House Brunch for Birthdays and Holidays, but I rarely venture out to any other Ivar's. One day when my nephews and I were walking at Coulon Beach, looking for turtles. Later, we stopped in Ivars for a little after school snack. If you are a boater or work at the nearby Boeing, you may have eaten here before. I have to admit, I don't think I had ever eaten at the "fast food" Ivar's before. My nephews were quite familiar with the menu and knew exactly what to order. We were there at 4 pm, so no crowd or lines and plenty of seating.

I ordered the Fish and Chips Meal with a drink. The fish and chips were fine. I don't know if it was a mistake, but I also got a bay shrimp side cup and clam chowder.

Huh? It just seemed like a lot.
My nephew Riley ordered the Clam Chowder. Apparently, he loves the clam chowder and sometimes gets the chowder in a bread bowl. No Complaints, it's his favorite!

My other nephew, Zach, ordered Fish and Chips Kid's Meal, comes with a drink and jello. For some reason the combination just cracked me up, but my nephew liked his meal, so what do I know. Basically, this the kid's version is the same as the regular, but with less fish.

Food Gone, everyone Happy!


Ivar's Seafood Bar on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Your nephew has great taste! Clam chowder....comfort in a cup! What cutie pies, too, btw!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin