Thursday, November 19, 2009

Vegan-4-A-Day: The Last Supper...PHEW!

I think I'm done for the Vegan-4-A-Day. Overall, not bad. I was going to make sushi for dinner, I just didn't eat the fish. Also, I make either hummus or edamame dip all the time so edamame was the protein of choice. I use Alton Brown's recipe for Edamame Dip, and add a little more garlic and a bit more red chili paste, VERY GOOD.
I also made some plain rice rolls with seasoned seaweed. I usually sprinkle some "yamaiso", seasoned seaweed & sesame seed, on plain rice rolls, but at closer inspection of the ingredients, found dried bonito (fish) and shrimp in the mix. Hmmm...I didn't know that! I had a handful of toffee almonds for dessert. That's it!
Well, that concludes my Vegan-4-A-Day. I didn't starve and I survived a day without eggs or cheese! Kudos to both EatingJourney and SillyTaterTot for dreaming up Vegan -4-A- Day.

1 comment:

  1. Intrigued by the vegan for a day concept... although, realistically I don't think I could do it. Also, what toffee almonds are you eating that don't contain butter? I'd love that recipe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin