Monday, November 16, 2009

Peppers, Peppers, PEPPERS!

I'm going to share a recipe for a spicy stew I made the other day, full of PEPPERS. Ok but first, I thought I'd share some pictures my nephew, Zach took of peppers, peppers, PEPPERS!!




Pork and Sweet Potato Stew
adapted from Leftover Pork and Gravy Stew Recipe #76719
This is a super easy recipe and a great way to use left over pork roast.

SERVES 4 -6
4 cups cooked pork roast, cubed
2 cups pork roast gravy
2 large sweet potatoes, cut in large cubes
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 large bell pepper, cubed
1 large onion, cut in wedges
1 cup frozen peas
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 Serrano Pepper, cut and seeded

Put everything in your slow cooker/crock pot. Seriously...and mix.
Cook on low for about 6 hours, or on high for 3 hours.

I served this with Jalapeno Jack Corn Bread from Great Harvest Bread. YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin