Sunday, November 22, 2009

Night Bites: Pumpkin Custard Pie

Shocking, but the other night we had nothing for dessert. Gasp! I could have had a handful of chocolate chips, but blah. I have been gathering ingredients for my upcoming weeks of baking, so we had everything needed for something SWEET. I didn't want to make one of the recipes on my holiday list, after all, it's late. I didn't feel like digging through my cookbooks or my pile of recipe cards and clippings. Thank you God for Google. I typed in Pumpkin Custard Pie and the rest is history. I clicked the first choice, read it, looked to make sure I had everything I needed...Voila!
Pumpkin Custard Pie
adapted from AllRecipe.com
Ingredients:
1 (9 inch) pie shell
1 cup pumpkin puree
3 eggs
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, sifted well
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups milk

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a large mixing bowl combine pumpkin, eggs, flour, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and milk. Beat until smooth. Pour into pastry-lined pie plate.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until set in center.

Here's my late Night Bite. I had to sneak this piece after everyone was asleep...shh!

1 comment:

  1. Mahhh-velous! I want it. Can't wait till the big eating day comes 'round! It's almost here!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin